With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, a romantic getaway might be top of your priority list right now. Whether it’s a city break or countryside cottage, a mini break means packing light. To take the stress out of ‘hand luggage only’, here are our top tips for how to pack for a romantic weekend away.
- Firstly, invest in a practical and good-quality weekend bag. Make sure to check its size and capacity to ensure it is big enough to fit in all the essentials for a three-day trip but not too big that it allows you to over pack. A weekend away will always involve travel, so your bag needs to be easy to carry; and for those occasions when you might be hopping on a plane, make sure it meets the correct dimensions for hand luggage.
- Check the weather forecast for your destination. Although this often changes, it gives you a guide for the sort of temperature and climate to expect, allowing you to pack chic, yet weather appropriate, outfits so you can enjoy every moment of your time away without being caught out.
- Take versatile pieces that can be dressed up or down and go with anything and everything. The Rose Silk Shirt is our favourite pick for a weekend away. Not only romantic in both colour and design, this wardrobe staple can be styled for any occasion. Wear with jeans and comfortable kicks when exploring the city, or pair with the Silk Mini Skirt and heels for your dinner date. The Silk Bow Blouse in Ivory is a timeless essential, perfect for all occasions.
- Pack extra accessories: jewellery takes up the least amount of space when packing light but will completely transform an outfit. It’s perfect to have in reserve to dress up any look. Whether it’s dinner at a swanky restaurant or an unexpected outfit mishap, adding some jewels will sort it.
- Take an LBD. Pack just one dress and make it a little black dress – a staple that will perform whatever the event or venue. This is ideal if you are not sure of the exact ambience of the place you are visiting. Whether you’re in a hotel, a restaurant or a bar, a LBD will ensure you never feel over or under dressed. The Cotton Midi Lace Dress with beautiful lace sleeves is the elegant choice and perfectly practical for a chilly February evening.